[ale] Debian/Clamav/Exim4 help

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Nov 1 12:56:53 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 08:07:48AM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 04:47:49PM -0500, Bob Toxen wrote:
> > Jim,

> > I have incorporated clam-Av into my commercial Virus and spam filter.
> > If you are looking for a commercial solution it would be a good one.
> > Alternatively, if this is for your company I could debug this
> > arrangement on a per-hour basis if desired.

> > Btw, you might find Sendmail easier to use and secure if you keep up on
> > the about once-a-year security patch.

> Hi Bob,

> This is just a home setup that I wanted to make a change from f-prot
> back to the Debian default virus package. Not looking for any kind of
> commercial support or consulting right now.
Unfortunately, the ClamAV programmers don't believe in staying
upward compatible.  Periodically I have to change my "higher level code"
to accomodate these upward incompatibilities.

> I do have your Linux Security book though and love the firewall scripts
> in it.
It is my pleasure to be of help.

> I also have an idea on the problem with clamav and will be looking
> into it over the next couple of days (time permitting).
Good luck!

> Thanks,

> Jim

> --
> I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM
> advertised OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from
> OS/2 v4 to Linux.  You don't have to accept less than you deserve.  "Use
> the Power of the Penguin" Registered Linux user #316735

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"