[ale] Socket A Processors

Steve Hamlin hamlinsg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 15:25:56 EST 2006

I second: NewEgg is top notch.

Great reputation, low prices, quick shipping (2-3 days).    I've used them a
number of  times over the past few years - no problems.   Over $1bn per year
in sales.

Unfortunately, the cheapest Socket A they have is a $77 Sempron 2500+,
though.

On the plus side: "From a hardware and user standpoint, the Socket-A
Semprons were essentially renamed Athlon-XP desktop CPUs."
(Wikipedia:Sempron)

 - Steve