[ale] Socket A Processors

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:38:23 EST 2006

>Message: 2
>Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:14:34 -0500
>From: Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net>
>Subject: [ale] Socket A Processors
>To: ale at ale.org
>
>Greetings all,
>   Not exactly Linux related but...  I've come upon a bit of a
>problem.  Do any know where I can buy a AMD socket A processor locally?
>I'm looking for something around 1800.  Do any of you have a used one
>for sale?  Seems like everyone has moved on to socket 754 and 939.  I
>really don't want to have to buy another motherboard.  Yes I've
>considered ebay, but I've had bad experiences there.  The machine will
>be running 100% linux, so that's the relevance to the list.  :-)
>
>Thanks...

I have several places that you can check with and of those don't pan
out Fry's has a boxed intel Celeron-D 326 CPU (2.53 GHz) with a ECS
Motherboard that supports DDR and DDR2 memory and has a AGP video slot
for $79 dollars

here are the links for the sites to check

Pricewatch CPU listings

http://www.pricewatch.com/m-3.htm

Computer Geeks
http://www.compgeeks.com/

Surplus Computers
http://www.surpluscomputers.com

lastly here is the link for the boxed Celeron-D 326 cpu and the ecs
motherboard for $79 from frys.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4769799

Good luck with your search.

Van