[ale] Mister House

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Mar 31 06:44:17 EST 2006

Dow_Hurst wrote:
> Has anyone used Mister House for home automation or GPS based tracking of vehicles thru ham radio packets?  I was impressed from looking at the website.  I've never done any home automation though.  Seemed like it could get very expensive for all the equipment.  the package is driven by mh and Perl so runs on anything.  Get that big ole Unix iron off of Ebay to dim your lights!!  Or, that old 386 in the closet would work too!
> Thanks,
> Dow

Hey Dow,

  I've played with misterhouse in the US and Japan, but didn't try in AU
since everything here is 220V and doesn't work with my existing X10
equipment.  That means I haven't touched it in 2 years.  MH was ok at
the time.  I never heard of using it for GPS anything.  I preferred HEYU
for automating tasks.

  Here's some more pointers for Home Automation (the other HA)
http://linuxha.sourceforge.net/
http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialX10SmartHomeNetworking.html
http://heyu.tanj.com/

--