[ale] OT: music sites?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Mar 30 08:19:45 EST 2006

Raylynn Knight wrote:

>> Trout Fishing in America, Louisiana Le' roux, A-train, Silicon Teens,
>> The New South Jazz Ensemble, Willis, Carlin and Quinn, Tamarac, Dan
>> Sachs (teaches out at KSU!)
>>
> Wow! It's been ages since I've known someone else who has even heard of
> Louisiana Le'roux!  I have "Keep the Fire Burnin'" on LP.  I'll have to
> admit that I haven't heard of the rest though.

Well, I spent 14 years in Louisiana, thus Louisian Le'roux was pretty
big there.  As for the others, most of them I ran into at a small pub in
Shreveport Louisiana in the late 70's, early 80's.  The balance of them
as follows:

Silicon Teens - picked up the album free out of the trash. :)  Great
electronic versions of party tunes.

Tamarac - caught them at the Red River Revel, a craft/food/art fair held
yearly in Shreveport down by, of all places, the Red River.  Celtic flavor.

Dan Sachs - I actually went to high school with Dan.  He was my best
friend for most of my high school years.  He is an awsome artist,
musically and otherwise.  Lost contact with him and then tracked him
down on the internet in Savanah.  Two months later he moved to Cobb
County and took a position as the Art Historian at KSU.  Small world.
Plays and sings pretty much anything, but mostly folk type music.
Here's a link to one tune he's done recently:

http://contactez.net/gurleyalabama/LostGoldofKeelMountain.html

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin