[ale] OT: music sites?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Wed Mar 29 09:32:58 EST 2006

My ability to appreciate Dream Theater is kind of limited.  You'd think
I'd eat it up, given all the other prog acts I listen to, but so far the
DT stuff that I really like is really just limited to the first three
songs on AWAKE.  The most recent studio stuff seems way too headbangy.

Oh, they PLAY really well, but it seems that through all the schooling,
any idiosyncrasies have gotten ironed out.

I must say that the live covers that they recorded on A CHANGE OF
SEASONS are really good, especialy Elton John's "Funeral For A
Friend/Love Lies Bleeding."  Perhaps it's a case of excellent musicians
playing excellent songs that came from less schooled writers.