[ale] Gnome2.14 on Mandriva

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Mar 29 08:41:57 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 08:17 am, Vikram Nanda wrote:
> Did anyone successfully install the new Gnome 2.14 on Mandriva linux
> (2006)?

No, KDE here, I only install Gnome for the utilities and such.

> I tried installing it following the instructions on
> http://gpwgnome.osknowledge.org/ .

If you are mixing cooker packages with the stable release, I *hope* you have
back ups...

> It just errors out ?- any idea where I could install these missing
> libraries (see attachment - missing.txt) from?

Try http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ If they are not the correct versions with it
set to 2006, then I think you have to pull from cooker.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. I'm waiting for the betas / release
candidates when the ISOs start. Hoping 2007 will like my rig better, 2006
runs great on my daughters computer but not mine.
--
William