[ale] ISPs for the Roswell area

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:10:25 EST 2006

Yet another happy SpeedFactory customer (thanks Charles, Geoffrey for
directing me to them a couple of years ago).

I have been lucky that the only time I have ever called them was during the
same outage Charles referred to, and somehow I got to a human before that
recording went up, but I waiting maybe 10 seconds and the friendly tech
person explained the problem (which was BS's DSL network foulup).

I had my own DSL router (Cayman 3220H) and I found the set up easy with the
information that had emailed me.  Sicne then, I've been running OpenVPN to
connect to my home file server and soon will be trying to do some stuff with
Asterisk.

The reliance on BS's lines has worried me at times, but other than that one
outage, I can't say I've had anything but an occasional blip (2 minutes),
and half that time, my internal network was the ultimate culprit.

bnm