[ale] ISPs for the Roswell area

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:53:02 EST 2006

I endorse these guys as well. They're relatively linux-friendly. Getting
connected the first time was about a half-hour plus a 5-minute support call.
Since then I've called support once, to be greeted by a recorded message
that service was out over a good part of their area. They managed to get it
back up by the next morning. NB that I'm using 'em solely for client-based
DSL. I don't run web servers or a business from my house.

Beware their DSL modems though.  They shipped me a cheap Chinese DSL modem
(Hawking HAR11A ) with the old conexant chipset and firmware. I found a big
hairy security hole in it, fortunately before someone else did (
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/379437 ).  I bitched loud and long
about it, and I hope that they've since learned to configure this modem so
that the hole is patched. But I don't really know. It's worth checking.

-- CHS