[ale] ISPs for the Roswell area

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Tue Mar 28 12:57:17 EST 2006

> Good morning,
>
>    I hope this email gets through since I'm having trouble with
> Charter yet again. Needless to say, I'm very interested in switching
> ISPs. It's been a while since I looked. Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff

I feel your pain.  I'm in Roswell also(off of Warsaw road).  Every day for
the last week and a half I have gotten a call around lunchtime from
Charter telling me that there was going to be an outage but it would be
back up by 6pm.  It has been up by 6pm but my wife is mad because we use
VOIP and she has to revert to carrying her cell phone around the house.  I
have tried DSL and I could never get close to 1mbit due to issues with my
phone lines.  I am stuck.  I hope you have better luck with DSL if you
swap over.  I would suggest that you do a short parallel test before doing
the jump.  I'm glad I did and didn't have to pay the installation fee to
charter again.

Mike