[ale] OT: music sites?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Mar 28 08:38:53 EST 2006

joh6nn at hotpop.com wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> Maybe we need to have a music swap meet?  Wonder if the RIAA would approve?
>>

> probably not, but as far as i'm concerned, it's none of their business,
> so long as it's for stuff you can prove you own.

You're probably right.  But I really wonder.  Say we had a bunch of
folks show up with mp3s and images of the cds and/or lps they ripped
them from.  Appears to me that that should be perfectly legal as long as
I provide my mp3 only to folks who can prove they have the cd/lp.

> by the way, i'd like to applaud the lengths you've gone to, to stay
> legal.  it's not easy to find what you're after legally, and personally,
> i gave up much too quickly, i think.  but i won't do business legal
> sites for the same reasons as you.

Yeah, it's proving to be a real hassle.

> anyway, good luck with your search, and good luck with your turntable

Thanks.

> -joh6nn

Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin