[ale] Used equipment: local swap meet or flea markets? (and list)

David Barlitt linux at roguepc.com
Thu Mar 23 08:48:11 EST 2006

The best thing I can think of is going to a local "HAMfest" these are
amateur radio flea markets. And no you don't have to be a HAM to attend
and yes computer item are just as popular at hamfest as radios. You can
goto http://www.arrl.org/hamfests.html then select your state of
choice... Some Hamfest's are still free admission like the one up in
Ellijay others require $5 or so for admission. Once in; most have what
is known as a tailgate area which you can sell off your tailgate or
setup a folding table. Also there is some good tips on getting rid of
stuff like yours at: http://wiki.ehow.com/Safely-Get-Rid-of-an-Old-Computer

David Barlitt
KF4AWU