[ale] rc.local

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Mar 21 08:13:03 EST 2006

Check the environment of the script. Remember that $PATH is not set when
rc* scripts are run so each command will need a full path statement
(usually define the command with full path as a variable at the top of
the script.)

Also, does SUSE use the chkconfig process? On RH systems (and others)
chkconfig --add <scriptname in /etc/rc.d/init.d> makes the script
available for use by init processes and chkconfig can handle it.
chkconfig --list <scriptname> will tellt he runlevels it is activated
for. man chkconfig tells all.