[ale] unusual problem with nic

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Mar 21 08:07:41 EST 2006

Dow Hurst wrote:
> You can test this NIC with Becker's mii tool.  It will do a low level
> test IIRC.  I think the driver might need an option to increase buffer
> size.  Those hex codes might be meaningful if you look at Donald
> Becker's site.  Let me know what you find out.  I'd google on this but
> have run out of ALE time...

I know how that is Dow. :)

I appreciate all the responses thus far.  At this point, it was cheaper
(time wise) to simply go with the added card.  When I have a free moment
(next decade likely), I might revisit this issue.  For now, time
constraints say, go with what's working...

--
Until later, Geoffrey