[ale] mozilla won't start b/c default profile is busy, HUH ?

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 20 23:00:44 EST 2006

If Mozilla doesn't completely die and the same with Firefox, depending
on your local preferences, you can get this same effect.  The GUI window
can disappear but the backend engine is still actually running.  So, as
a check while your deleting the lock file, just run the "ps auwx"
command to look for an instance of mozilla or firefox.

Geoffrey's advice about backing up your .mozilla directory is a
wonderful idea to follow regularly.
Dow