[ale] OCFS2

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:31:34 EST 2006

On 3/20/06, Chris Ricker <kaboom at oobleck.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Christopher Fowler wrote:
>
> > Oh.  I guess I was looking more of where 2 servers do RAID1 together.
> >
> > server1:/dev/sda2 and server2:/dev/sda2 are mirrored so that either one
> > could have access to the files in case the other dies.
>
> What you really want then is drbd - basically "RAID 1 over network"
>
> OCFS2 and GFS and their various closed-source competitors are more geared
> towards an active-active cluster (like Oracle RAC, for example) on
> physically shared storage, like a SAN
>
> later,
> chris

I thought MySQL supported DB clustering without any underlying FS
support (ie. drbd/ocfs2/gfs).

You setup one node as the MySQL master and the other as the slave.
MySQL handles the redundancy and failover?

I've also seen where people used drbd under MySQL, but I don't know
the pros and cons of the 2 approaches.  To my limited knowledge they
both seem valid.

I would search the Linux-HA mailing list archives.  I'm sure a
pros/cons discussion has taken place there once of twice.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group