[ale] THANKS to all who replied to "ls -rt | rm -i" problem, BUT...ATTN:JoeKnapka

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Mar 18 13:56:09 EST 2006

On Sat March 18 2006 1:51 pm, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> I should've been more explicit,...I agree and understood that the f9
> was presumed to be the 9th field but my understanding is that fields
> begin with 0 and as I [mis]count there are only 8 fields in your
> example file which would make the filename field #7, but apparently
> I'm wrong somewhere, hence my question to Joe.
>
> But even if you start counting at 1 instead of with 0, there are
> still only 8 fields or I'm, again somehow, confused.

my contacts got a little fuzzy, I didn't notice which field was "f9",
so I just assumed it was the filename. just got giggles, what does it
show when you use f8??

I answered my own question by doing it myself, and coming up with
f9=filenames ( but not always... spaces in names screw it up)
f8= time:

05:10
06:06
20:10