[ale] Anyone using an HP Officejet Pro K550

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 16 14:52:44 EST 2006

On Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:08AM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this printer working in CUPS.  Per
> > some research I'm using the hplip driver (I have 0.9.4 installed) and
> > *thought* I had it working by choosing a late-model HP photo driver (HP
> > PhotoSmart 7960 Foomatic/hpijs), but the colors aren't right today (I
> > thought it was OK the other day).
> >
> > Now I notice that the red colors are too light or incomplete on the test
> > page color wheel (red is mostly yellow, magenta is 3/4 white, cyan and
> > blue are the same color of blue).
> >
> > The printer is shown as "works perfectly" at linuxprinting.org.
> >
> > Ink levels, as reported by the "ink" command line program show all ink
> > at >70%.  Not sure if there's a way to clean the nozzles on this, but it
> > is only a couple days old.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Trey
> >

> If you haven't already check this out, I believe that you are using the
> wrong series printer....
> http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/printmodedescr.php#DJGenericVIP

Thanks.  Got it working now.

--
Cheers,
Trey

As the trials of life continue to take their toll, remember that there
is always a future in Computer Maintenance.
		-- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"

Linux chameleon 2.6.13-15-default i686 GNU/Linux
  2:52pm  up  23:03,  5 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.17, 0.26