[ale] OT: Free Showing of "Invisible Ballots", Thursday, 3/16, 7:00pm, UUCA

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 14:39:11 EST 2006

Jim, I honestly doubt that your first sentence is correct. The financial
industry has
had almost a generation's experience with electronic transactions, and yet
every bank I know of still wants
all activity tied ultimately to physical pieces of paper.   We agree that
'The problem with today's electronic voting is that it just isn't mature
enough". We disagree only on whether it will ever be mature enough.

That said, I don't necessarily object to computers and electronics in
certain election roles. I'm happy to have my paper ballot machine-counted,
as long as it exists and can be re-counted on different machines.  But
surely my vote is as sacred as my money?

-- CHS