[ale] Mythtv Build-In

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 12:01:05 EST 2006

I sure hope that you are right about the development of a PCI CableCARD for
Linux. I'm much less -- uhm -- sanguine about the prospects.
"Cable/satellite companies" and the Open Source community might not see eye
to eye on the DMR. But wow! if such a card did exist, it would be great.

"The reason that Microsoft is able to get a license for Vista to support
CableCard+DTCP compliant hardware for the PC is because they are willing to
put in the DRM required by the DTLA, a la "Trusted" Computing. No
open-source solution will ever be able to get this license, because the
content companies decree it to be so..."