[ale] OT: mourning the end of an uptime...

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Mar 15 12:13:13 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 11:06 am, Sid Lane wrote:

> yesterday our plans to celebrate four years of uptime on a Sun 1125 were
> suddenly and cruely cut short. ?exactly one week shy of its 4th birthday
>snips
> so now that I've adequately grieved who's top dog on uptime now?

Having switched to Linux less than four years ago, I obviously have no
uptime brags. Do have a small one regarding time since a reinstall. An OS
from the dark side unfortunately... But perhaps this makes it something to
truly brag about?

Passed six years on February 16th. Is still in daily use (was shared by four
of us for the first 2 1/2 years) and has *never* had a virus scanner
installed during this time.
--
William