[ale] Another MacOSX question

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Mar 14 17:05:01 EST 2006

I've got a friend that has a PowerPC Mac.  his father in law wants "to
see more of the kids".  His solution is an iSight.  But he does not want
to plop $149 for the iSight.  We looked at one at the Apple Store and I
actually think it is a nice unit and the video is nice too.  Does he
have another option?  He was thinking of simply plugging in his FireWire
DV capable video camera and using it.  I do not know if the same
software that uses iSight could use a DV camera.