[ale] Wanted: trivial minicom-type function

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Mon Mar 13 13:08:02 EST 2006

Christopher -

Thanks for the notes.

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
To: ale at ale.org
Christopher Fowler
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 11:49 AM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] Wanted: trivial minicom-type function

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 11:39 -0500, Mills, John M. wrote:
> Thanks for these pointers to handy tools. I've used "Beej's Quick and
> Dirty Guide" for a while and really appreciated it. Looks like he's
> moved forward and offers more, and still excellent help.

CF> Yep.  Send him some cash...

Good reminder. Time for a stop at the electronic banker ...

CF> Personally I would not "wrap" nc unless nc was part of a bigger
picture
CF> for your device.  I try to keep my embedded stuff very tight and
running
CF> as fast as possible.

There are a couple of configuration steps that are done before a unit is
operational, do hese apps don't have to coexist with any "live"
activity. Once it works we can improve the code as needed.

CF> Mini-XML can compile in 23k of space vs libxml2 1M+.  The difference
is
CF> that it only supports  DOM and you'll have to do more work to get
what
CF> you need.  But I have some cool helper functions that you might like
CF> try out and make better.

I can see other places for this. Thanks.

 - Mills