[ale] any sql-ledger users out there?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Mar 12 22:49:30 EST 2006

What version and what database? I use SL daily. The "sql-ledger" user
must be created first with "createuser" for postgresql. Initially, the
admin user has no password. There is no "main user". The sql-ledger user
is only the owner of the database schema. All access is controlled by SL
itself. In fact, the user sql-ledger should never be able to login to
the SL systems. It is just for DB access.

There are a few "gotcha's" in the new SL/Postgresql setup as PG changed
and dropped something Sl was using. It is noted in the installation
instructions.

Once inside the admin.pl page the admin password can be changed,
datasets can be created and then users can be created to use those
datasets.

If you loose the admin passsword, it can be blanked out in the <path to