[ale] OT... Security black humor...

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 12 10:28:53 EST 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 05:41, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sat March 11 2006 8:09 pm, Jim Philips wrote:
> > > Bah Humbug!!! It calls for QuickTime 6.0 and above...
> >
> > The MPlayer plugin in Konqueror handled it without any problem.
>
> mine said no plugin found for quicktime movie, and it sent me to a
> download page that only gave me the option of Mac OS or Windows.
> I have mplayerplug-in-3.21-0.pm.0.i5 installed
> I am running Konq 3.5.1, KDE 3.5.1 and SUSE 10.0
> rpm -qa|grep mplayer only shows the plugin, not mplayer, yet I have
> mplayer installed. Aboiut-mplyaer doesn't show a version number, just
> credits.

I'm running Slackware here with KDE 3.51 and MPlayer-1.0pre5 with Kmplayer
installed too. In the file associations for KDE, I have "Embedded MPlayer for
KDE (kmplayer_part)". So, it looks like the Kmplayer part makes the
difference. Most embedded videos run without a hitch. You can find Kmplayer
at kde-apps.org.