[ale] Off the wall vi question

j.t. holmes linux at jtholmes.com
Fri Mar 10 11:52:45 EST 2006

You can run vi scripts if you are using ViM (Vi Improved)
and you can write the scripts beforehand or create them on
the fly if they need to change depending on the file being edited.

the command would be
vim -s script_name  file_to_edit

vim is just chock full of this sort of thing, however if it is simple
edits then sed -i etc. or perl -n -i -e

perl has a very rich set of RE and can make your life much easier.
jt