[ale] X11 module probs with Mandriva 2005 update

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Mar 9 11:35:40 EST 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 10:57 am, Geoffrey wrote:
> William Bagwell wrote:
> > Oh, try a clean install keeping /home. I have used Mandr*** since 8.0
> > and have *never* had an upgrade work 100% correctly...
>
> So, are you a glutton for punishment, or just a slow learner? :)

A slow learning volunteer beta tester? Seriously, an upgrade with a single
point jump works OK... I usually try this first then do then clean install
around /home just to cut my tweeking down a bit. Always a wise choice when
upgrading and skiping a version.

Oh the list of cards I mentioned. (Swiped from a usenet post)

"Below are the legacy GPUs that are no longer supported in the unified
driver.
 These GPUs will continue to be maintained through the special legacy NVIDIA
 GPU driver releases.

    NVIDIA chip name                   Device PCI ID
     -------------------------------    -------------------------------
     RIVA TNT                           0x0020
     RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro                 0x0028
     RIVA TNT2 Ultra                    0x0029
     Vanta/Vanta LT                     0x002C
     RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro    0x002D
     Aladdin TNT2                       0x00A0
     GeForce 256                        0x0100
     GeForce DDR                        0x0101
     Quadro                             0x0103
     GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro          0x0150
     GeForce2 Ti                        0x0151
     GeForce2 Ultra                     0x0152
     Quadro2 Pro                        0x0153 "
--
William