[ale] OT... Security black humor...

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Mar 8 15:30:30 EST 2006

On Wed March 8 2006 3:06 pm, Rob Fauls wrote:
> its one of those next-gen viruses. microsoft put it out in an
> attempt to do away with linux for good. if you go to yahoo or
> hotmail or msn, you will automaticly have windoze installed and your
> HDD permanently FAT32 formatted.

I was just emailing a friend who lives near Asheville, NC. She has, uh,
um, that OTHER OS :) but she does use Opera 9.X browser. I gave her
the link to a web page I put some pictures on, and when she tried to
access it using Opera 9 ( and I tried using Linux opera 8.52) you get
a nastygram saying you have an old version of a browser and you can't
view the albums!! see error message below:
Web Browser is Not Capable of Using this Feature:

We have found that you are using an older version of your web browser.
99.4% of our audience uses a standards-compliant web browser. We
suggest you upgrade to improve your experience on the MyPhotoAlbum
website and the rest of the internet.

Please select one of the download links to freely upgrade your browser,
or click here for information on why you are seeing this message.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800