[ale] USB wifi adaptor for Linux (Fedora) and old iBook/Mac

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Mar 2 18:19:56 EST 2006

I've googled, and confused myself more than achieved anything resembling
clarity.

I have an old iBook clamshell which used to have an airport card
installed. Unfortunately for me, my daughter needs the card more than I
do, and the portable doesn't accept the newer cards. I can either eBay for
a used card (at roughly the cost of a new one I'm told) or get a USB
adaptor which has Mac drivers. If I go to an external, I would want to use
it with some Linux hardware at times, so I would vastly prefer to have
native Linux drivers also. (I have both Apple/Mac and intel hardware
available to me, so native drivers are mostly imperative(sp?).)

An added advantage of USB would be better war driving 8-), although using
that as an excuse is just silly.

Has one of the hardware gurus been down such a road and have an clue I
might borrow?

Thanks in advance.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance