[ale] Off the wall vi question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Mar 2 07:52:20 EST 2006

tom sawyer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was just wondering, is it possible to have a *sh
> script call vi and then execute commands inside of vi?
>  Or, is it possible to load a file in vi that
> automatically runs commands/aliases/etc?

You want to use either sed or ed with a HERE doc.  ed with a HERE doc is
likely to be a better solution as you edit a single file in place, where
as sed is going to require input and output files, whereas the HERE doc
will edit the file in place.

> Just curious,
> Thanks,
> Tom

Until later, Geoffrey

War never solved anything, well, except slavery, fascism and communism