[ale] Spam prevention

Jeremy Clifton j.clifton at intuiworx.com
Thu Jun 29 19:44:15 EDT 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 5:37 PM, David Corbin wrote:

> I've been using Spam Assassin for years, but I'm really getting a bit
> disappoitned with it.  I easily have 30 plus SPAM that get through
> a day, and
> a fair number of "false positives".
>
> Is there a better Spam solution out there these days?

I've been using greylisting on my virtual server for the last six
months or so, and I've been happy with the results. To my knowledge,
I've had no false positives, and I've gone from 30-50 spam messages a
day to 1 or less most days.

http://www.greylisting.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting

In my particular implementation, I'm using Postfix + Postgrey.

http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/

---
Jeremy Clifton <j.clifton at intuiworx.com>
IntuiWORX - Intuitive, Innovative Software Development
http://www.intuiworx.com
Toll Free:       1-800-267-1708
Chattanooga, TN: (423) 443-3972