[ale] anyone played with SLED 10 yet?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Jun 29 11:53:38 EDT 2006

SLED 10 is very nice, but I prefer SUSE10.1 for two reasons.
SLED 10 does not include all of the packages that 10.1 has, and will not be updated as often.
A large part of the SLED10 user enhancements depend on running Gnome, which I dislike intensely.
There is a price issue, but since my company is a Novell partner, I don't pay extra for it.

By the way, with SUSE 10.1 (and previous), you can get all the media codecs ( including enabling DVD playback) by adding packman.links2linux.org to you installation sources.  This works with YOU, SMART and , maybe, YUM.
The only caveat is that you have to install libdvdcss separately, but there's a nice script that will handle that for you available on the site.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420