[ale] ubuntu gnome desktop overlay

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Jun 26 15:31:11 EDT 2006

On Mon June 26 2006 3:22 pm, KingBahamut wrote:
> How goes the openbox woe?

it really isn't an issue on my desktop box, because I don't use gnome..
and I've been busy today, we had company over this morning, so I
haven't had time to play with the laptop. When I do, I will RTFM, and
follow those directions:
 start gnome and then replace metacity with openbox.

the OTHER question is...  on my desktop I have 2 linix boot partitions,
hdb1 and hdb10 . Then I have my /home partition, so it doesn't matter
how I boot, I have the same /home. Can I install Kubuntu over one of
those SUSE installs, edit the fstab to show my /home partition, and
boot Kubuntu with my current /home setup??? backing up /home before
attempting that of course:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800