[ale] ubuntu gnome desktop overlay

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 12:30:40 EDT 2006

replacing metacity with openbox.

You can improve gnomes speed with it.

Steve (Nudges Steve, do you have the Enlightened Gnome howto off the
forums?) had Enlightened Gnome running (enlightenment running on top of
gnome).

http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Openbox_Gnome
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Openbox

The UDSF howto works for dapper, just as it does for Breezy/hoary.

On 6/25/06, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> from our get together yesterday, someone had a gnome desktop overlay,
> something like fluxbox... what was it again??????
> Bill said it would make gnome run faster??????
> I LOVe to make things go faster!! ( no, lets NOT get back to the car
> thread!)
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800

KingBahamut
http://doc.gwos.org - Definitive Ubuntu Documentation
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."