[ale] Subversion question

fletch at phydeaux.org fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Jun 22 11:17:59 EDT 2006

> I have a subversion repository with a number of branches.  Does anyone
> know of an easy way, given a revision number, to tell what branch(es)
> that revision applies to?

Presuming a conventional repository layout you could use:

svn ls -v -r # REPO_URL/branches

That'd show you what subdirectories there are under branches in that
revision.

But that won't necessarily give you any information as to when those
branches were created from whatever (presumably trunk, but nothing's
stopping you from branching from a tag or another branch of course :).

Then again maybe I'm misunderstanderating your question.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'