[ale] Apache proxy problems

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 07:26:12 EDT 2006

Hey, don't forget that you want to secure your server on the edge
like this:

<Proxy *>
     Order Deny,Allow
     Deny from all
     Allow from 192.168.0
</Proxy>

The definition of what you're trying to do is called "reverse
proxy".  From the Apache docs, a sample config would be:

Reverse Proxy

ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /foo http://foo.example.com/bar
ProxyPassReverse /foo http://foo.example.com/bar

Don't forget that there's some mod_cache goodness in there as well...

This guy here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

Lays out all your directive fun to play with.

Good luck!