[ale] Dealing with spam and phishin.

H. A. Story adrin at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 15 22:04:39 EDT 2006

I just got another phishin email for a bank that I have no part of.
Recently, I have been looking at the email headers to see where the
email comes from.  I usually forward the email to who ever is listed in
the abuse and to whomever they are trying to pose as.   As of late
ebay, paypal and yahoo are good about responding and taking action.
Such as closing the account in yahoo case.   Mind you I don't get much
spam after I stopped using outlook and running Mozzila email client and
setting up filters.  Just can't help but wonder if reporting phishin
helps.  Maybe I should look into blacklist, but do those real help with
the seeming random domains?

Now this last email.  The domain is hosted on godaddy according to
whois.  And they allowed the phone number to be registered as
1231231234. (WTF?) I think that is just wrong.   So I went to the
website link in the email put in made up info and in the email address I
put that goofs email address.   Maybe, I should send him a FAX on
1231231234.  Just unreal.

Adrin