[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Jun 15 16:20:04 EDT 2006

On Thu June 15 2006 2:07 pm, rhia wrote:

whole lotta Boortz crap snipped, thank goodness!

> Eh, all as distasteful as each other. Boortz tries his own form of
> shocking his viewers into responding which gets him thrown into the
> same category in my book. (Wonder what "she who must be obeyed"
> thinks of his view that women shouldn't be allowed to vote. Comments
> like his on women voters are almost guaranteed to shock and
> infuriate a large number of listeners.) Bottom line is they all will
> say whatever it takes to keep people listening in order for their
> sponsors to sell products.

My wife HATES him, which, sometimes leads to wonderful conversations
between us..

> Used to dream of a radio station that would latch on to
> comprehensive traffic updates as *the* draw of an early morning
> show, with weather and news headlines as the filler...
> but then reality snuck in. ;)

that IS the reson I started listening, and until 8:30am it is really,
really NICE. BUT, since I got laid off my local travelling job in
November, I stopped listening to Boortz & WSB, except when I have to
drive into Atlanta, once or twice a month.. otherwise we listen to
CD's.. My wife likes Country, I like good music :) sometimes they are
the same, other times NOT. I am a die hard Led Zep fan ( The Song
Remains the Same ), Pink Floyd, etc. BUT I also love Austin City
Limits and BlueBird Cafe, for the singer songwriters, AND I love
BlueGrass,  Cajun ( N'Orleans...what can I say:), folk ( Peter Paul &
Mary, Kingston Trio?), yet I love to fall asleep to Bethovens 6th,
Pastorale, especially at the beach. I just started recording Austin
City Limits again, lately, on Dish, using TIVO.. I think this is where
MythTV will come in.. SOmehow I need to get those shows on to a DVD,
before they get overwritten...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800