[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

rhia rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Thu Jun 15 12:23:59 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 11:36 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu June 15 2006 10:37 am, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > Having met the guy personally many years ago (he once came to a
> > wedding and as a wedding present he gave a pit bull to the couple.
> > she was was a cat person.), his show is a grand act designed to
> > inflame people to call in and make fools of themselves on the air.
> and they do a wonderful job of it!
> but he is a libertarian, and I like his line of thinking for MOST
> things:)

Bah. The Boortz 'show' isn't Libertarian (or even libertarian); it
appears he just claims so to be listed as different from Rush. The radio
persona Boortz is mostly a misogynistic conservative who happens to
think the war on drugs is a crock and that our government bureaucracy is
too big. Apparently it's a good hook considering the size of his
listener base. His true colors can be gleaned from the way he fawns over
Hannity et al and his utter contempt for even moderately liberal issues.
With sharp callers, the only way he 'wins' an argument is his quite
liberal use of the mute button. Other 'wins' can be credited to a
stunning cluelessness evident in some of the callers (which, on the
whole, doesn't say a lot of good about a sizable chunk of his listener
base.)

I consider his talk show just another form of shock-jock egotism
designed solely to grab people emotionally and sell them crap they
didn't realize they needed. ;)

Of course, that's just my opinion, YMMV. =)

----
rhia
Excuse me, please. What universe is this?