[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 12:09:59 EDT 2006

Charles Shapiro wrote:
> Wow, that thread about commuting definitely hit a nerve.  BTW the ATL is
> the WORST city in America for bicycling.
>
> ( http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A83637 ).
> Some folks are trying to change that
> ( Atlanta Bicycle Campaign, Sopo Bikes, Southern Bicycle league).   But
> biking (well, train/bicycling) to work still feels like cheating -- have
> fun, buzz around the city, get to my desk in the morning refreshed. Heh.

I wish I had a nickel for every cyclist that I see NOT abiding by common
traffic laws.  I wish more people would cycle, but I must say that the
current cyclists have a bad rap for stopping at stop signs, staying
stopped at red lights, absent proper hand signals, and worst of all is
LEANING UP AGAINST MY CAR AT A LIGHT WHILE TALKING ON THEIR CELLPHONE!

There is a reason why Atlanta is worst for cyclists, it's because the
drivers are fed up with them. :-)

-Jim P.