[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Jun 15 08:21:10 EDT 2006

> No self-respecting Linux Sys Admin would have their resume in MS Word
> format... :)
>
> Personally, I use html.

Back when I used to hire other programmers and sysadmins:
I asked for their resume as plain ASCII text.
Weeded out the wannabe's and buzzword compliant
resume's immediately. I got lots of Word docs 'saved as .txt'.

I hired people that could create/edit a nice looking text file.
Especially when, in the interview, they admitted they created/edited
it with Vim, Emacs, Pico, Joe..

I got told by a headhunter that was not a valid test,
even after explaining that 75+% of a sysadmin's jobs
involved editing text files of some kind.