[ale] ALE Northwest for June 15th

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 22:37:28 EDT 2006

It's that time again, folks!

First of all, mucho thanks go out to Brian MacLeod on his Kickstart
presentation from last month.  Lots of interesting info there.

This week:
Thursday, June 15th at the offices of The Weather Channel.

This week's guest speaker is Brian Mack of TekSystems.  Brian will be
talking about Linux hiring, UNIX hiring, and the tech recruiting
"biz" in Atlanta in general.

Brian will also be taking your questions regarding getting hired,
being more attractive to employers, etc.  He usually does a free-form
open question and answer type of a presentation, however I'll let him
direct the meeting as he wishes.  All questions are fair game!

I don't mean to speak for him, but if you're "in the market" or
looking to be "in the market", Brian is the guy for you.  He may even
have a couple of potentials in his back pocket, so you might want to
"come prepared" :)

Refreshments served, etc. etc.

Location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=300+Interstate+North+Parkway,
+Atlanta,+GA,
+30339&ie=UTF8&ll=33.89596,-84.458857&spn=0.017847,0.037766&om=1

Time:
Meeting starts around 7:30, so please try to be about 15 minutes
early.  We will escort folks up all together or in groups as
personnel permits.

Upcoming Speakers:
Don't forget that next month Sid Lane of the Weather Channel will be
talking about MySQL clustering, and I'm going to try and twist his
arm to talk about performance tuning as well.  The following month is

August is still open.  I'm still trying to get Ryan Matteson to come
and do Apache Internals with us, but I have no confirmation as of yet.

We also have Raylynn Knight lined up for September, and will be
covering system monitoring using FOSS tools.  (the last time we
spoke, a decision hadn't been made on which one yet.)

Still looking for October through December.  That should be enough
time for many of you to come up with something for us.  Bob and some
security goodness, or Jim and some Linux consulting stuff.
Geofferey?  What do you do again?  :)

Anyone, any topic, any time.  Let's all take part!

Jerald Sheets
UNIX Systems Administrator
The Weather Channel