[ale] Looking for backup solution.

H. Bieber habieb at myrealbox.com
Fri Jun 9 08:15:12 EDT 2006

I guess I am weighing in alittle late on this post, but...

At Emory I built a "server" (using 3ware IDE RAID card and 4 250gb drives in RAID 5) and loaded the rsnapshot (http://www.rsnapshot.org/) project. Works great and fast, it is setup to take a snapshot of the mail server data directory every 4 hours, and keep 7 days, 4 weeks and 1 month of backups. I didn't get to test it on Windows, but there is an rsync client for Windows. The second snapshot box that was being worked on would backup, the 2 Linux servers, and 2 Netware servers (since Netware servers can run rsync, v6.0 and newer contains rsync by default). So this may be something to look into.

Harold