[ale] Build-yer-own NAS server

Jay Finch retief at larp.com
Thu Jun 8 20:15:16 EDT 2006

Actually, all of Western Digital's SATA drives do *NOT* support NCQ.
(I've been reading a lot of hard drive reviews lately)  WD decided not
to build in NCQ support into their drives, and I know their SE16 (16MB
Cache) series don't support SATA.

Seagate, Maxtor & Samsung all support NCQ for their SATA drives.

FYI - NCQ is a SATA-only feature.  I haven't seen it on any IDE drives.

Cheers!
Jay