[ale] Build-yer-own NAS server

J. D. Pearson jpearson at turbocorp.com
Thu Jun 8 08:13:44 EDT 2006

>> I have been avoiding SATA with Linux due to the poor EH capability.
>> WIth the new EH, I believe Linux/Sata will finally be ready for
>> production use.  OTOH, it may take a few more months to shake out the
>> new EH.  So I will wait to see how stable it appears to be once it
>> comes out.

I agree. We ran into problems recently with some SATAII drives that
seemed to be
related to Native Command Queuing feature.  When the support  is there
for the newer drives with
NCQ it seems they might be the obvious choice for a home server with
newer hardware. What
do you think?

Best regards,

J. D.