[ale] Suse 10.1 settings

Vikram Nanda vikramnanda at exsculpo.com
Tue Jun 6 19:31:16 EDT 2006

1. How do I set default language of Gnome to English?

    I have SUSE 10.1 running and all GNOME apps (like gaim) are showing
    in some other language (which I can't read/understand). I tried
    googling for this and nearly all the solutions proposed involved
    logging in gnome env and changing preferences - which is not
    possible as I can't read/understand that language. Is there a way I
    can change this from KDE env itself?

2. Networking

    The default networking applet at the bottom tries connecting to my
    wireless network. It connects to the network but fails while
    acquiring an IP. As an interim solution, I use Kwifi editor, connect
    it to the wireless network and then run 'dhclient ath0' which binds
    my system to 192.168.0.100
    The problem is that every time I reboot my machine I have to do this
    all over again.... Is there a way the networking applet works/ I
    don't have to do the manual part?

Thanks,
Vikram