[ale] Looking for backup solution.

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jun 6 07:38:31 EDT 2006

James P. Kinney III wrote:

>This sounds a config issue with bacula. I have several bacula servers
>running and they have been up with little to no maintenance for 8 months
>for one and 6 months for another and 1+ years for mine.

The config didn't change.  It just started failing, first it said that
it couldn't write to a file (a file that it was trying to reuse.  There
wasn't anything wrong with the file) so I moved all the files in that
directory to somewhere else, made the directory 777, just in case and
now it's saying it can't find the FileStorage.  I restarted all the
daemons, turned on debugging for them all and it still fails.  The
FileStorage is in the sd config file just like it has always been.  The
dates on the config files are March something or other.   The debug
output from sd doesn't show anything wrong, the director seems to have
connected to it OK.  Nothing identifiable in the debug output from any
of the daemons.   Just can't find the FileStorage.  Really strange.  I
googled the error messages and didn't get any useful hits.

Jim.