[ale] DHCPD

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jun 3 10:41:00 EDT 2006

I have not seen this before and I'm coming up blank on researching this
problem. I have a machine running FC4 with 2 nics, one RJ45 jack and the
other is a wireless PC card. The RJ45 is eth0. When I setup dhcpd.conf to
serve IPs on eth0 it barfs unless eth1 is configured. Then using a blank
setup for eth1 the service will start, but it only listens for dhcp
requests on eth1. It simply ignores eth0.

I have setup a static IP on eth0 and the socket is operational. I can
network to another system I setup on the LAN in that same subnet. For some
reason dhcp doesn't "see" that interface.

ideas?

Jim