[ale] OT: Comcast

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 16:36:32 EDT 2006

Bob Toxen wrote:
> My Comcast has been rock solid for weeks.  They must have replaced the
> piece of junk router that had been causing MY problems.

:-)

Well I called Comcast and they gave me $20 credit for the problems over
the past days.  HSD comes out to about 1.66 per day, so I think that
about covers it.  I'll call back in a few more days and request further
credit if the problems still exist (and they do).  It's not the money
that matters, but that is the best way to raise their investors and
their analysts attention.  Hopefully others will be doing the same and
someone will wake up somewhere.

> Btw, the phone number to talk to BellSouth about Fast DSL is
>
>      877-689-2617

I'm saving that for next, although past experience has taught me to
expect less than what Comcast offers when it is working. :-(

-Jim P.