[ale] Show of Hands: Ubuntu Group

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jun 1 11:21:27 EDT 2006

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Tue May 30 2006 10:33 pm, KingBahamut wrote:
>> Hey as long as you guys dont mind. Ive got a few server tricks I
>> need to learn as well, but Ill have a dapper Ubuntu, Edubuntu, and
>> Kubuntu box running, in addition to all else I have going on down in
>> the dungeon.
>
> I've got an Epson Perfection 4180 scanner that I can't get to work with
> SUSE, is the support better with Kubuntu??

I don't think you'll find better support from one distro to another for
scanning.  You want to check out the sane project before purchasing a
scanner:

http://www.sane-project.org/

Particularily check out the supported devices:

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin